Sunday, November 24, 2013

November ~

Yep, with another full year coming to an end, I'm sitting here this morning with so many thoughts of what to say.  It seems in my efforts to post more often has been spaced farther about.  We've (the sand people, ha) finally been getting a reprieve from what seemed like the longest summer on record.  Now enjoying a cooler and much appreciated rainier climate.  It's so wonderful when we get any rain I just want to enjoy this blessing.

Upon opening my page I noticed that a blogger I follow posted; Winter Rain In The Desert - I had to share her beautiful pictures with you via links.  Margarethe Brummermann has a wonderful blog called Arizona: Beetles, Bugs, Birds and More - I hope you check it out.  I need to take the time also I missed many of her posts; and others.  (Breaking news)!  It is snowing 7AM Sunday morning - :) snow! Though short lived is now mixed with rain a desert refreshing for the sand people. :)  Our mountain this morning has completely vanished in all the cloud cover I can't wait to see it's beauty when it reappears.  :)

This morning I'm missing my companion Sweet Sophie - she pasted away with bone cancer in September.  Sophie (mostly, and not to forget Miki) had many adventures with me to share and was always close by while posting.  She would definitely be enjoying this weather!


Miki not so much she enjoyed warmth and liked being cozy, however, not when she was on a good hunt!  Both are dearly missed.

Earlier this year I started posting on the newest activity or projects with many "phases" - involving the building of the shed / Taj mahul as I refer to it and I planned updates.   Well LOL!  I took several pictures most of which were deleted I'm sad to say.  I also had, what I thought, comical story lines to go along with a few.  One example would be a picture of the mover I took sitting under the tree waiting patiently for the completion of the shed.  When finished a fine place for it to spend out of the weather when not in use.  Well it's finally in the building - though the building is mostly done.  What a process it has been for this shed/ Taj mahul project!  The projects first posting was in February and over the months were irritations, frustrations, many starts and stops - to numerous to write in  "phases" intending to be somewhat humorous; lead us to where the shed is today - oh / Taj mahul.  And, bless his heart, my dad worked both physically and mentally at the point of obsession that we are so happy its just about done.  Posted are a series of photos and without the tales ~



For myself, I did work on a few of my own projects and actually planted winter greens in the semi-restored garden.  Though I don't want to make this post any longer and I have much more I'd like to say, I'll close for now.

In ending Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  It has been a very tough year and I still can say I have much to be thankful for.

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7 EVS

I needed to post a couple more as you can see the mountain is still covered and hasn't been out at all - now being 4:45 PM and the garden looks cold but I hope they make it.  I didn't get any straw yet or make covers :(  I need to work faster :/



No comments: