Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday Trash Day ~

No kidding Wednesday is our trash day.  But what I'm talking about is a different type of trash.  One that pollutes are skies here in Graham County.  We are known for our beautiful skies and especially at night when it's really dark, you can't even image the stars that you see,  God's beautiful galaxy is absolutely stunning!  The skies here are so perfect for viewing that we have an International Observatory with one of the largest and most powerful telescopes in the world.  I previously blogged listing a couple links here.  But in recent years we have become what seems to be the testing ground of many flight type patterns.  Some even have oily type of film / residue that the sun reflects off in the trails coming from flights.  Below and taken through our not so clean car window, on the lower left hand side is an oil film.  We see this often.  :(  I wished I had a better picture - I'm sure I'll have another opportunity.

4/20/15 6:14 AM 

I talk to many people and of all ages who have lived here all their lives.  When asked about the hazy overcast to heavily overcast days they can't recall a time when its been quite like this.  This isn't just today - it is often and on going.  I just happened to have noticed this morning there was excess amount of rows from the flying and of course I had my cell on me.  They started very early and by 8:30 or so - well you can see from the pictures.

It has been a windy May, however, even with the wind the haziness starts fairly quickly and within a day or the next day or two we are socked in!  Last week skies were awful!  Yes we have cars, big trucks and yes there is the mines, it doesn't come even close.  This is the worst - unnecessary and seems to be on purpose!  As you can view from the slideshow they are man made rows - - not clouds.  Here's a very interesting link to check out GeoEngineeringWatch.




Time was taken for my rant!
I'm so thankful for God watching over us.

Isaiah 40:26
Lift your eyes and look to the 
heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host
one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and
mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.

Isaiah 42:5
This is what God the Lord says--
he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people, 
and life to those who walk on it:

He alone sustains me ~

1 comment:

adigun said...

Superb analysis. Love your point of analysis.