Saturday, September 12, 2015

Longing for ~

It's a start ~


Where you would think you could hide yourself away in this parched dry desert heat, I find I'm out in it more - ever busy; summer.   Longing for Autumn and cooler months ahead makes me smile.  I've been outside for months tending trees, a not so lush garden, birds and feeders, grass and weeds, taxi-ing here and there, continually on the move.


I determined in May after my husbands surgery, "I would not work as hard."  I don't think it's possible for me to not be doing something - for the mentioned above is the "fun" stuff!   I was thinking it's like a "honey do list" with everyone else's thrown in.  Of course that makes things most interesting, frustrating, endless, funny & silly at times, not dull in the least, simply overwhelming, a blessing at times (enjoyable) and not at times (just plain hard).


We had been teased around here with monsoons, "soons" should be removed from the word for there's nothing really soon about it; how about "may-besoons?" With the exception of some precipitation we've been by pasted several times.  Adding to the outside jobs making sure things get the water they need.  Though if you're curious, things grow better when grouped together helping each other out. hum


Oddly enough we've had a reprieve here and there with overcast days; some being natural and not man made :) nice breaks for sure.  I realize reprieve is a strong word to use, huh - maybe but getting up super early to get things squared away before the heat isn't so great either.  I've often asked myself , "what are you doing?"  So enjoying the bit of overcast; I've been able to touch base and write a little post -saying I'm still here.  It's a start ~

Ephesians 4:16  
From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does it's work. NIV       hum~



No comments: